Wednesday, January 23, 2019

1/23/2019

Good morning everyone. It is five twenty-six this morning and forty degrees outside here in Dalton, Georgia with heavy rain in the forecast for this morning. I am awake and drinking my first cup of coffee with my husband while the dogs are playing and going back and forth outside. It got a little warm in the room during the night to where I had to be uncovered while I slept. I managed to sleep a little better last night but not by much.

Last night I did manage to get an article written and approximately one- thousand words in my book. I felt a bit fatigued last night but I did get something done. I have my pain management doctor appointment this morning which I have been waiting for because hopefully now my pain will get back under control. I have been hurting a lot so that has made me lose motivation for a lot of things. It is hard to function when almost all of your body is hurting and the cold weather doesn't help much either.

Today, after my appointment, I will be getting down to writing again and getting these books done and caught up. I have fallen behind by a week or two because of the pain in my neck and back which makes it difficult to sit here for long periods of time. I manage to get a little done, but I want to get back on my writing schedule and stay on it.

I have been working on my nonprofit stuff as well which does take a little bit of my time from writing even though a percentage of book royalties goes to the nonprofit to assist the needy and homeless in regaining their self-sufficiency. That is my other passion and helping people makes me feel good about myself too.

We will be passing out bag lunches to the homeless on Friday or Saturday along with some warm clothing and hygiene kits. I have been campaigning for warm blankets to hand out and waiting for a response from that. I also need to set up tables for donations and have got to get that started. I am hopeful to have success this year and help as many as we can.

Everyone can help support our cause to end hunger and homelessness by buying one of my books or clicking the button here on the site to make a monetary donation. They need our help and support and just to help one person a day makes a big difference in the long run.

Well, time to get things going. I have dishes to wash before my appointment and a little housework to have done so that I can get right into writing when I come home. I wish everyone a wonderful "hump day" and to everyone born on this date, "Happy Birthday" and may you be blessed with many more. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment