Saturday, February 29, 2020

2/29/2020

Happy Leap Year!! This day only comes around every four years and I love the extra day. I sure can use one every now and then. Well, we just got the van for Hope Station USA that will be used to transport fundraising items and eventually transporting homeless individuals to and from work. I am so excited. Now, we just need to clean it up, get it painted and reupholstered, and ready to go. I can't wait to get it on the road.
I am trying to get things back in order and in routine since the fire. It has been stressful and just coming out of the hospital with a wound on my foot doesn't help matters. I am just trying to do my best with everything and now I need to get grant proposals written to begin bringing in funding. Everything is coming out of my pocket which I have no problem with because this organization is my baby that I gave birth to.
As far as my writing is concerned, my newest book on addictions just went up for sale on Amazon and I am excited about that too. You can check it out here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084RWTZSK. It took me months to write it and a year researching everything. I thank webmd.com and drugs.org for keeping their information up to date. It was a beast to write, but now I must get to work on some other books that I have started. I have two books that will be book two in their series and need to get them finished. I have a lot of things going on right now and will be working diligently on them to their completion.
Things here at home are finally starting to get some normalcy going and it takes some of the stress away but I still need to keep myself healthy and mentally stable. Everyone is being respectful of the fact that I need to stay off my feet so that the wound under my foot will heal. Thursday I will know if my foot is going back to normal or if it will be placed in a cast again. I am also doing a weight loss class for my diabetes and have lost two pounds this first week and it should be even more this week since I have changed my eating habits and began exercising again.
I began this post earlier, but I got called away to check and do some things in the house like clean the kitchen, which I finished and now I can go back to my writing and get some things done. I lost the motivation for a few days plus the instructions of staying off my foot as much as possible. I love writing when left alone and having completed scheduled things which bring on the motivation for more.
I want to get things back to normal fully and get back into my routine so that everything runs smoothly. The bills got messed up for a minute but I am taking care of them, we are going up to the property office to sign a contract buying the next three acres to us so that we will own six acres and I can begin putting my farm together in June. With a greenhouse in place, I will be able to grow fruits and vegetables all year long and plant some fruit trees so that I can jar some fruit for eating. With the next three acres, I can begin clearing the land and designing the livestock enclosures.
This year will be paying off our vehicles and getting our well drilled by Thanksgiving. Then, next year, all the spare money that was used to purchase the vehicles will go towards building our house and putting the money together for my restaurant which I haven't forgotten about. There are a lot of things that need to get done and with my schedule, everything will get completed.
Well, it is time to get things moving forward, so I want to wish everyone a "Happy Birthday" that is celebrating today and for everyone else to have a blessed day with your loved ones. Please keep the homeless in your thoughts and prayers while we live through this cold season. Say a prayer for Hope Station USA to move forward with its plans to help the homeless. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment