Friday, October 11, 2019

9/27/2019


Good afternoon everyone. It is one thirty here in Bethel Springs, Tennessee and such a lovely day outside. The sun comes and goes and there is a nice wind blowing. It is great for working outside which we have been doing since we had coffee this morning. We have been outside clearing more trees and moving the branches to the burn pit except we can’t burn today because of the wind blowing.
We are now inside, and my husband is laying down playing with the puppies while I sit here and work on my writing. I finished writing my first children’s book yesterday and it is being edited as we speak. It is a Christian book about the parables of Jesus Christ. I was excited to have it finished and can’t wait to publish it.
We have almost cleared out the section of the property that will be for my gardens and greenhouse which I will be excited to get planting this next year. I will be planting some fruit trees and I know that they will take a couple of years to produce any fruit but that is okay, it will be worth the wait.
I am getting excited about my new business venture and can’t wait to get my food manager training done and I already have the EIN number for it and then comes the business license and tax registration with the state. It will be easy for me because I went through a lot of this when starting our nonprofit which will have a better year this coming one.
Things have been slow with it since losing our Treasurer to lung cancer. She was a rock to fall on when I would get frustrated about things. I miss her so much, but things must keep going. We have been putting a game plan together for bringing in funding next year to get things rolling again. We still have our one project to think about and get funding in for it, so I have a lot on my plate, but God will help me manage. He knows that I can handle it.
Well, I need to get my writing started for the day if I am going to make my goal for the day. I hope everyone has a great Friday and “Happy Birthday” to those of you who are another year older. May you all have many more years to come. Please keep praying for the homeless and for our project Pathways to Self- Sufficiency and that we get the funding needed to get it off the ground and the homeless in somewhere safe. It is a program that many have asked us for to help them get off the streets and back to work, so keep it in your thoughts and prayers. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment