Wednesday, April 15, 2020

4/15/2020

Good morning to everyone. It is eight forty-eight in the morning here in Dalton, Georgia and such a beautiful day outside. We still have not received our stimulus payment yet but that is okay because if we receive it closer to our leaving to go back to Tennessee, it will make things a lot easier for us to get things together. I am looking forward to it, but the doubt of not receiving it lingers because I owe some back taxes. It states that the CARES Act suspends those payments it still makes me unsure.

My husband is gone right now because he took an elderly roommate to his doctors' appointment this morning. I am still drinking on my first cup of coffee and have showered already this morning. It is hard to get in the shower when there are so many people living in the house. I stay in my room a lot because of all the people who seem to congregate here during the day that it affects my mental health.

Now onto the updates of our nonprofit. The coronavirus has put a damper on our fundraising efforts due to social distancing that we might have a slow year helping those who are in need. I am hopeful that during the summer we will get to go out and feed the homeless again. We now have the van for transport and it needs a little work, but we are hopeful to have at least six months of services.

Today is a writing day for me because I have had to put things off to do other things. I am working on some Bible stories from the Old Testament and also finishing up my companion book to addictions. I have three more articles to write and post and then work on some grant stuff for our nonprofit organization. Today, I will be busy and hope for no distractions.

Well, it is that time again for me to get busy. I hope that everyone has a nice and safe day. Please keep the homeless in your thoughts and prayers and I want to wish everyone a "Happy Birthday" that has one today. May you all have many more to come. Take care and God Bless.

Want to read some of my books look for them at amazon.com/author/brandipayne

No comments:

Post a Comment