Wednesday, July 4, 2018

7/4/2018

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

"Happy Fourth of July!" I hope everyone is enjoying themselves today and those barbeque's sure smell great outside. I know most people celebrated over the weekend with the cookouts and fireworks, but we did not have any plans for any of it. It was a money thing for us, but I would have enjoyed cooking up some steaks and hamburgers with all the fixin's.

I just got back from Walmart getting some Elmer's glue for clay making because I have been working on a project to take to the flea market. It is paper mache with some paper mache clay and I am molding it. I think they will come out pretty good.

Well, on my way home I was almost in a car accident because someone didn't know how to look before proceeding out into an intersection. I am doing the speed limit of forty-five and I see a couple cars waiting at the intersection when a box truck pulled up on the other side of one of the cars and then it seems like he waited for me to get right there before he slowly drove out into the intersection right in front of me.

I could see the driver who never even looked my direction and I began laying on my horn which didn't get his attention either. I slammed on my brakes, and I mean slammed on them because everything in the back seat ended up in the front seat to keep from hitting the side of this truck. There were witnesses if I would have hit him.

I hit the brakes so hard that it jarred my wrists which ache as I am sitting here typing. I got so shook up by it that I pulled over to get my composure and the two vehicles that saw what happened pulled over to check on me. It took a few minutes before I could drive again but then I continued on my errand running.

Usually, my husband rides with me, but he doesn't like going with me when I go shopping and using coupons, lol. He knows that if there is a good sale I will spend hours in the store shopping for that low price item. I used to be able to go into a store which has since closed down and could buy five-hundred dollars worth of food and spend less than two-hundred. It is still possible to get awesome bargains and I have been building my stockpile slowly but it is getting there.

Well, it is time to get some writing done to finish one of my books so that I can start with the editing process. I will be here again tomorrow, so I wish everyone a safe and happy holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment