Thursday, March 14, 2019

3/14/02019

Good evening everyone. It is nine twenty-nine in the evening here in Dalton, Georgia and the day started out pretty nice with a lot of wind, but this evening it turned into rain. Yesterday, we took a road trip and purchased 2.88 acres of land to build our house on and make it our little farm. It was a surreal moment for me to know that we are going to own land and can build our dream house.

It has electric at the road, but it is old logging land which left stumps and tall grass and brush. It will take a few trips of going up and clearing the land to make it ready for our home, but it is exciting and with my anxiety, it shouldn't take too long to have it ready for the first building which we will live in while building the rest of it.

Once the house has been completed, the room that we will be living in will turn out to be our living room. There are open lots next to our property that if we need to expand, we can purchase more acreage. I am so wanting to drive up there now to get started, but I have to be patient.

So, the plan is to go up around the second of April and stay overnight up there to get two full days of work in which we should be able to get plenty of it done. We need to purchase a new weedeater and the brush blade to go with it to take care of a lot of the brush and some other tools to manage the rest.

My husband sounds like he wants to go up tomorrow to get started, but I want to wait until we get the contracts notarized. We live five hours away from the property so financially we can't afford to drive up there every other day, so they are going to be calling me Monday and mailing us the contracts to take and get notarized here and mail them back.

This will all take place on Monday and I will also get the address assigned to that property so that I can have checks ordered with that address on them to mail the payments to them until we move up there and we will still write checks out for the monthly note on the property because I want a paper trail.

I have not written anything in two days and that has been frustrating because I need to have these two books or at least one of them completed by Sunday to stay on a writing schedule, but taking care of our house is important too. I will manage somehow to get things done.

I have been working on our nonprofit stuff as well and so far no donations have come in and it seems like no one wants to help the homeless get off the streets, but I will leave that conversation alone because I will go on and on about how the homeless are being treated.

Well, I need to get some writing done for the evening and some other things too, so I will say good evening to everyone and please remember those who are sleeping outside and keep them in your thoughts and prayers. I hope everyone has a blessed evening and a very "Happy Birthday" to those born on this date.

If you care to help us out and make a donation click one of the links below. Take care.

Paypal Fundraising


No comments:

Post a Comment