Saturday, October 27, 2018

10/27/2018

Good Saturday morning to everyone. It is fifty-one degrees here in Dalton, Georgia and rainy with a side of gloomy. The dogs have been fed and are bundled up on the bed because it is cold back here. They are now quiet and I am allowed to get some work done. My babies are spoiled and always have to have momma's attention.

My husband went with our roommate to the flea market this morning and it gave me some quiet time. I am now on my second cup of coffee and thinking about how my day is going to go. I have ditched my schedule and went to a check-off list in return because it is almost impossible to get things done on a fixed time schedule when I could just get things done and check it off the list.

Today I will get back into writing but I am going to try an experiment with a timer. I will write for an hour on one book and see how many words I can type in an hour and that will give me a better time frame on how many words a book can be. Some of my books will be the length of a novella, and then I will have those that will be novel length.

My sales have not been great but they have been steady and constant which is okay. I am hoping that my sales will pick up during the holidays while I publish more books. I am not trying to get rich, I just want to supplement my income a little enough to live a little more relaxed.

I have two books that already have ten thousand words in them and they are not even close to being in the middle of the book yet. So, I know they will be long enough. I have a book that I am editing which is fifty-one thousand words and when I am done editing it before it goes to the editor it should still be about fifty thousand words.

I am happy writing and love when I can sit down and explore my imagination and be able to put it down on paper. It brings a part of me to life and I can live in my story where I control the outcomes and drama. It is a safe place for me to be when I am allowed to be there.

Well, it is time to get to work on something else and I wish for everyone to have a happy and safe Saturday. To those celebrating a birthday, "Happy Birthday" and may you have many more to come. Have a great day everyone and take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment